22 September 2011

Photo Shoot Ideas

Before I can take the photographs for the images included in my magazine, I felt producing research into the type of photographs I want beforehand for inspiration would be very helpful. 
Before taking my photographs, I wanted to gather images too help influence the type of poses or props I would like to include. To be consistent with my music magazine product, I researched and gathered images of professional photo shoots of musicians, as I felt the poses etc used would be more in keeping with a music magazine. The three images I have chosen of musician Pixie Lott, are placed above and will be the main inspiration for my photographs. The photograph in the top left corner, I felt would work well on my magazine front cover. Specifically as it is a medium shot, which is commonly used on magazine covers. I also like the edge pose which was portrayed, which would work very will with the indie-rock edgy genre of my magazine. The other two images I felt would work well within the contents page and two page spread. Again I felt the poses were very consistent with the genre of my magazine, in addition I particularly liked how a microphone prop was incorporated into the photographs, helping too incorporate the music theme consistently throughout every component of the magazine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment