24 September 2011

Photo Shoot Recce

Are there any potential hazards that could pose a health and safety risk where your photo shoot will take place (trailing cables/traffic/other objects)?
For my magazine I will be taking my photos indoor in a house, therefore there could be many potential hazards. If there are any wires trailing from the camera or any other appliances this could cause a tripping hazard whilst moving around. In addition Tripping hazards could also be caused by objects lying around on the floor area. Another hazard could be if electrical appliances or cables are left plugged in, which could lead to electrical shocks. 
What will you do to ensure these risks are minimised?
To ensure there are no accidents I will ensure all items that are not needed for the photo shoot, are unplugged and tidied away. I will also ensure there is no food or drink placed near any electrical item, as this could lead to damages and further electrical shocks.
Will the time of day/weather affect the outcome of the photos? Have you allowed for this?
The weather will not affect the outcome of my photographs as I will be taking my photographs indoors. However I will take my photos during the day, as if I were to take my photos on a night, I would need to use artificial lighting which could alter the outcome of my photographs. This could also lead to my photographs having a slightly orange/yellow coloured tone.
Have you considered the background to your photos, particularly if taken outside? How will you ensure you will get the background you want?
As I will be editing the background of images, I want to keep them simple so they are easier to modify. Therefore I will be taking all my images with a plain wall in the background, meaning no obstacles will interfere.
Have you considered lighting? What about the ‘problems’ of natural lighting, either outside, or streaming through a window? Will you need to use a flash? Have you considered reflective objects that might spoil the effect?
Outdoor lighting will not be a problem as I will be taking my photos indoor. However to ensure my photos that are taken, are of the best quality I will be using the flash on my camera. This will make sure the lighting of my photos looks natural.
Do you need permission to take photos in the place/venue you have in mind?
The venue of the place where we will be taking the photo is my house. Therefore I will not need permission to take the photographs. However I will need to find a suitable place within my house which will be sufficient for the style of image and background we want. 
Are you reliant on lifts/props/friends’ equipment/models? How have you planned that these things will come together at the appointed time? 
As I will be working with my friend on this project to create a magazine, I will be using both of us in the photographs, ensuring we can produce two magazine issues. We have made arrangements and planned a suitable time in which we can work together to produce a number of photographs, as we would like to have a choice of photographs to look through and see which are most suitable for each magazine issue. We have already planned in advance the type of photographs we would like to produce to stay in keeping with the tone of the magazine therefore we are already aware of the kind of props we may need, which will be a microphone, to keep them image simplistic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment