19 November 2011

Second Draft Peer Feedback

For the second draft of my music magazine coursework, I gathered feedback from my peers, by placing my second draft on whiteboard, and allowing my peers to annotate the images with areas which I had done well in and areas in which they felt I needed to improve my magazine. Below is the video which displays my peers annotating my music magazine with feedback, showing how I set up the feedback task. 

I have also displayed photographs below which display the feedback which was given by my peers.
Overall I am very pleased with the feedback I received from my peers and after reading the feedback which was given by my peers, it was apparent I had produced a very professional magazine which followed the conventions of a typical indie-rock magazine and was sufficient for my target audience. However there were a few minor details which they felt could be changed or improved before publishing my final draft. Firstly they felt that before publishing my final draft of my magazine I should remove the white border around each page. Therefore I shall ensure to remove the white border, in order to allow the magazine to look like a typical magazine, which does not contain a border and also allow it to look professional. They also felt it would be appropriate to alter the images as they appeared to have a orange tint of colour to them. In order to do this I will lower the saturation of my magazine photos, to lower the orange tone. This will be more in keeping with the minimalistic colour scheme and specifically the dark and grungy colours of the indie rock genre. However one of my peers suggested the image on my contents looked unprofessional as it displayed wires from the microphone. However I do not intend to change this, as I did it intentionally to make the image appear as if it were taken in a music studio with the surrounding equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment