10 November 2011

Music Magazine Front Cover First Draft

This is the first draft for my magazine front cover. I am very pleased with how it has turned out so far and ultimately I feel it looks quite professional and could resemble a music magazine in stores. For my magazine logo, I have used a simple font, which consist of Myriad Pro, however to create a worn out effect I have added a crinkled and dirty texture on top of the text. I have then used a rubber to rub out particular areas of the text and added paint splatters, which makes the text appear as if it has been painted onto the front cover. I feel this is effective, as it allows the title to be consistent with the rock genre aspect of the magazine, with its grimy and destructive affect. To encourage the audience to purchase the magazine, i have featured items on the skyline, at the top of the front cover, such as gig listings, music reviews, competitions etc. I have also placed on text on the skyline which states 'the U.K's no 1 music magazine'. This is effective as it states the dominance and high popularity of the magazine, which creates a dominant atmosphere and influences the audience to purchase the magazine, as they are reassured it will be good. Lastly for the articles, I have tried to incorporate articles of many different aspects of the music industry to interest a wider audience. These consist of interviews from popular indie-rock bands, an exclusive on a music festival, a countdown of the 50 greatest musicians and amusing article on those singers who replaced there music career for a career in a complete alternative industry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment